The Communications Group was set up in 2013 and is made up of tenants, residents and council officers. The aim of the group is ..
- To improve communications between the council, the community and partner agencies.
- To work towards developing new and innovative ways to increase participation from the wider community.
- To review the priorities of the communications group on an annual basis:
- To receive, suggest and discuss comments on Home Affairs newsletter regarding:
- Format and style
- To read submitted articles and look for the following:
- Relevance of the articles to tenants and leaseholders
- Use of plain language
The group has worked with officers to implement the following:
- Implementation of SMS housing alert system
- Distribution tender (for Home Affairs)
- Improving communications booklet
Future projects include:
- Reviewing Council web-pages & assisting with content & design
- Increasing the communication methods used by TRA’s
- Monitoring communication methods & any distribution issues
If you are interested in becoming a member on the Communications Group please contact the Particpation and Development Team on 01384 815168 or via email Participation Development Team.